It’s taking me so long to post.
But it’s summer. We have a tan to attend to.
It’s sales period. We have shopping to do.
We’re still not on holidays. We have work to do.
I hope my excuses are enough. If not, take a piece of that:
I’m Greek. A lamb post was waaaay long overdue. (The Easter one does not count).
There are no step-by-step photos, because let’s face it: You don’t need to see how I slice the potatoes or how I season the lamb…
And anyway, the procedure is almost identical to the one I used in THIS post.
The difference is that here I used a beautiful lamb leg, stuffed some garlic in 2-3 places, and cooked for a bit longer.
Everything is very well seasoned, and there is lemon juice + olive oil + some water poured in the tray.
Off in the oven it goes.
Out of the oven it comes.
I can use the Thesaurus to find words to describe how delicious it is. For example: “mouthwatering, scrumptious, flavorful”.
And some favorites: “delish, finger-licking, nummy, lip-smacking”.
Or take that as a proof:
One day later the bones were even cleaner.
(For a delicious chicken alternative check HERE!)
Serves probably 5 people
A nice lamb leg (you can use other parts as well, but the leg and the arm are the best for this type of cooking)
4 medium-large potatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
Salt and pepper
2 lemons (the juice)
60-70ml extra virgin olive oil
100ml water, plus more in case it needs it later
Preheat the oven at 240ºC (460ºF). Peel and cut the potatoes and garlic, season with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Mix with your hands to coat the potatoes evenly with the herbs. Season the lamb with salt, pepper, oregano and thyme. Place in oven tray. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and water. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30-40min, or until the juices are boiling and the potatoes are getting soft. Remove foil, check and add water if necessary. Cook for about 1h more, or until the lamb is crispy, nicely brown, and easy to pinch and pull with the fork, the potatoes soft and crunchy on their edges, and the water has been reduced.
And now the Award part!
I would like to thank Susan from Susartandfood’s Blog for presenting me with the One Lovely Blog award!
In order to accept the award, I need to write 7 facts about myself:
- I seriously hope I will end up cooking for money at some point in my life.
- I’m a ridiculously huge film/cinema fan.
- The last 9 years I have changed house 5 times, and lived in 3 different countries (Italy: 2years, Belgium: 5years, Spain: still here).
- I have a Ph.D in Biomedical Sciences and I’ve been working in labs since 2003.
- I’m terrified of flying, but I can’t avoid it.
- My BFF (and maid of honor), the girl I trust and adore, is my best friend since high school and lives in Greece. We talk from time to time, but when we meet it’s like we were never apart. I love that.
- I’m genetically programmed to hate cilantro. Smells and tastes like pee/soap to me.
And here are the fantastic blogs I nominate!
- My Kitchen Diary
- Feed the Piglet
- The Green Mixer
- Donkey and the Carrot
- The one with all the tastes
- Συνταγές της καρδιάς
- My little expat kitchen
- Food is my Life
Go and take a look at them! Some of them are in Greek, some in English. What they have in common is that I’m always waiting to see what they will post next!
Have a nice day!