Do you like banana?
I don’t. Unless it’s an ice cream flavor or in THIS cake!
Quoting: “This is the best dessert you’ve ever made and one of the best I’ve ever tried!”, Pan (husband).
This is my first banana bread and I was impressed! Mashed banana can do miracles for the softness and moistness of a cake.
And melting chocolate chunks can do miracles for, well, everything!
I don’t have step-step photos, because the process for baking a cake is, more or less, always the same.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC), butter a loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- Beat the sugar with the butter until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat.
- Add the mashed bananas, yogurt and vanilla extract and continue beating.
- Add the flour mixed with the baking soda and the salt.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Pour the batter in the loaf pan and bake for 50min to 1h. Check with a wooden skewer at 50min to see if it’s done.
- Let it cool just for a while in the pan and place it on the plate.
- Let it cool completely, OR NOT! 🙂
It’s a very simple recipe, and the result is particularly rewarding!
Serve and let the compliments pour like rain on you…
Have a nice day!
Recipe from Martha Stewart with just a change
115g unsalted butter, room temp.
2 eggs, room temp.
1½ cup mashed bananas (4-5 overripe bananas, depending on the size)
15g Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
170g all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
170g dark chocolate, cut into chunks