It’s been so long since my last post and I feel terrible about this. I can assure you it’s not because I’m lazy or anything, but I’ve been busy working/traveling/hosting Sunday lunch! The latter is actually taking place today and there’s a cooking fever in my kitchen!
My friends from work are coming over for lunch, and feeding friends is very close to my heart (as you may know.. I mean check the blog name.. or the About me section..)!
So, what am I cooking?? Surprise, surprise: PLENTY!
- Yemista (rice stuffed vegetables): This is the essence of Spring/Summer to me. It’s so delicious that I feel ridiculous trying to find words to describe it… I think they should take the smell of the rice filling and bottle it in expensive perfume bottles. That good.
- Typical Greek meatballs: I haven’t posted a recipe about this.. What is wrong with me?! The delicious flavor of spearmint is a key in this recipe!
- Spinach/chard/leek/fresh onion/feta pie (a more pimped Spanakopita): YUM! If I were in Greece I would have the possibility to add 15 different types of wild greens that unfortunately you only find in Greece, but I can settle with this combination as well.
- Traditional Greek salad: You will not find any lettuce in this, because simply there is NO lettuce in the Greek salad. Tomatoes + cucumber + green peppers + onion + olives dressed with a generous amount of extra virgin olive oil and a bit of vinegar, topped with salt, some fresh parsley and feta cheese. That’s what I’m talking about.
- Grilled bread with rubbed tomato, olive oil and either feta or Fuet on top.
I hope it will be enough for them!
As far as the traveling is concerned, the previous (long, due to Monday being a holiday here) weekend we visited my sister-in-law and her family in Bern, Switzerland. And in simple words this means I got to spend time with my beloved niece and nephew!
Sunday was also my niece’s 3rd birthday, so we got the chance to make a little party with a lot of food
I’m proud to say that I made my first birthday cake, and it turned out delicious! At least this is what everyone was saying… My next post will be about this cake, but for now here is a photo of it:
(Obviously I did not make the pretty drawing in the middle).
So, see you soon and:
Have a nice day!